Talk

Advanced search

When can baby have eggs...

(7 Posts)
macdoodle Fri 01-Aug-08 07:42:13

Anyone about for some quick advice..
Just about to do scrambled eggs for me and DD1 (nearly 7)...baby is 7 months can she have scrambled eggs???

Lemontart Fri 01-Aug-08 07:45:25

I waited until mine were 1. But then my sister is allergic to eggs so a little cautious. Still think I was told it was 1 yr.

2sugars Fri 01-Aug-08 07:46:03

Blimey, was a long time ago but I think it's fine. Weaned dd1 on omlettes, 6 months. Unless there's a history of allergies, which I guess there isn't.

2sugars Fri 01-Aug-08 07:48:05

More to the point, I take my hat off to someone with a 6yo and a 7mo doing effing scrambled eggs at this time in the morning ..... smile

MrsJamin Fri 01-Aug-08 09:12:10

I gave my 6.5MO DS eggy bread the other day - I think it's fine past 6 months as long as you cook it through (no runniness) and there are no allergies in the family.

Dawnie6577 Fri 01-Aug-08 09:46:29

i agree with mrsjasmin.
however, i gave my ds (7mths) scrambled eggs well cooked and on the third day, he had a reaction to it. in retrospect, of course i wish i'd waited, but i was following guidance and to avoid everything to a year isn't that practical (especially as there is no family history).
but i wish i'd introduced it in a smaller amount. he had quite a bit of scrambled egg, which is more 'risky' than say cooked egg in a cake (which is what i've been advised by paed as a first 'reintroduction' after he is a year old)?
also, i wish i'd just given the egg yolk, as most reactions are to the egg white. nutritionally, most of the goodness is in the yolk anyway.

ILikeYourSleeves Fri 01-Aug-08 16:34:02

I give my DS (9 mths) scrambled egg and bolied egg. Make sure they are fully cooked though and as long as there's no history of allergies it should be fine. I asked my HV about eggs and she said after 6 mth is OK.

Scrambled eggs with some grated cheddar (or philly) plus chopped tomatoes is great too. And toast soldiers on the side

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now