Talk

Advanced search

DS, 9 months - putting as much as he can fit into his mouth and not chewing - then spitting it out - just tell me this is normal!

(4 Posts)
StellaWasADiver Thu 31-Jul-08 12:41:06

God it's gross but I don't want to look too horrified at him. I thought he was having trouble so tried to scoop some food out <bleurgh> but he bit me instead.

Anyone else's baby similarly charming?

Mine Thu 31-Jul-08 21:03:04

My 10 month old is the same..... he just doesn;t know when to stop, so when he is full.. instead of keeping his mouth closed he just pukes out or spits out a mouth full of food.

Sometimes he is literally sick from over eating!

ches Sun 03-Aug-08 17:30:58

Perfectly normal! He's just learning his limits. It'll go out, then he'll put some back in and discover how much he can manage, how big the pieces can be to swallow, etc. My 17.5 mth old likes to cram his mouth full still, but now manages somehow to chew and swallow with hamster cheeks. Charming manners...

fruitful Sun 03-Aug-08 20:40:48

Normal. Although ds1 didn't actually grow out of it - I had to teach him not to stuff and spit. He was truly revolting actually.

Ds2 is 8mo and so far, so good ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now