Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is fishfingers ok at 8 months?

(8 Posts)
2luvlyboys Wed 30-Jul-08 21:36:10

Plan to give ds1 aged 2.10 sweet potatoe mash, fishfingers and peas for tea tomorrow. Doesn't have it that often but an occassional thing he loves. Didn't occur to give it to him at 8 months as it was never a thing dh and I regularly ate so I didn't consider it a family food he should try! Anyway my question is it ok to give my 8 m/o fishfingers aswell or is it too processed to be suitable for him? Only ever gave ds1 fresh fish from the fishmonger at ds2s age. Maybe I had pfb syndrome with him! We use birds eye btw.

Habbibu Wed 30-Jul-08 21:38:26

Cod Fillet (64%), Batter, Breadcrumbs, Vegetable Oil.
Batter Water, Wheat Flour, Potato Starch, Salt.
Breadcrumb Wheat Flour, Paprika, Salt, Yeast, Turmeric.
Not much wrong there, though they are a bit salty. Why don't you just pick off the coating for the 8mo?

2luvlyboys Wed 30-Jul-08 22:08:40

Thanks I'll probably try that then! Might see if he'll have it as finger so he probably won't eat much of it anyway. Having problems with him eating finger food it just gets looked at and eventually dropped! Then again that seems such a waste I might be better off mashing it don't you think?

2luvlyboys Wed 30-Jul-08 22:20:40

bump (before I go to bed!!)

Habbibu Wed 30-Jul-08 22:22:46

Can't help there - did blw! Mash it if you want to - maybe give him half to hold and mash the other half?

2luvlyboys Wed 30-Jul-08 22:30:25

I think he'd starve if I did blw!

tellnoone Wed 30-Jul-08 22:51:13

My baby is BLWing and she has fish fingers with coating removed, the coating was the only thing she choked on (not a proper about to die type choking mind, just a wee bit of the crumb caught in her throat). I'm sure she was eating it at 8mo (she's 10mo now).

2luvlyboys Thu 31-Jul-08 22:05:51

Thanks for your advice! Gave him fishfinger, sweet potatoe and carrot mash, brocoli and peas for tea tonight. DS2 loved it and had every scrap and ds2 just has the fish fingers and a bit of the mash!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now