Talk

Advanced search

Milk feeds after weaning, BLW and purees

(1 Post)
HolidaysQueen Mon 28-Jul-08 09:43:02

My DS is 4 months old - not intending to wean yet but in my rather anal way I want to get a few things straight in my head before I do it!

I like the idea of BLW a lot but I have had problems with breastfeeding and although I now feel confident that I can get to weaning as a bf mum, I don't really enjoy breastfeeding and I don't think I'll be able to go on much longer after weaning with the same number of feeds. I am a bit worried that if we try BLW then he will have the same amount of milk feeds as now for a lot longer and that may make me switch to formula whereas if I feed him the 'traditional' way then he might drop milk feeds sooner so I might be able to continue bf longer IYSWIM. At the moment he has 5 breastfeeds (sometimes 6) during the day, plus formula at night and then whatever night feeds he needs (usually one although sometimes two). I think I could cope with 3 breastfeeds a day plus whatever he needs at night as a longer term solution - is it realistic to expect this by 7-8 months?

What have been your experiences of how quickly your baby dropped milk feeds when BLW versus purees?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now