Talk

Advanced search

Been reading AK and hyperventilating!

(7 Posts)
Bumperlicious Sat 26-Jul-08 19:43:51

Been to visit my v pg friend and she has an Annabel Karmel Guide to the First Year book given to her as a gift. I was flicking through it and in the "4-6 month period" she starts on weaning. Apparently you should start with one meal a day, building up to 3 meals a day by 6 months. Apparently delaying solids till 6 moths can make your baby fussy about lumps too hmm

I was hyperventilating [overeaction emoticon]!

Anyway, aside from the usual early weaning or not debate, surely she can't publish this info now - it should be updated surely?

<goes back to shoving houmous sandwiches at DD>

LyraSilvertongue Sat 26-Jul-08 19:44:53

I don't think it's illegal to suggest weaning at 4 months.

Habbibu Sat 26-Jul-08 19:50:34

Would love to see her evidence for the "fussy" theory. Done controlled trials, has she?

Bumperlicious Sat 26-Jul-08 20:07:37

I'm sure it's not illegal but it is out of date and against current guidelines. I was just a bit shocked it all.

DancingMamaWithBabes Sun 27-Jul-08 08:31:47

I'm sure she will update, as it's a chance to make more money!

PortAndLemon Sun 27-Jul-08 09:32:55

AK goes on record pretty much every time she is interviewed as saying that some babies (which she says with heavy overtones of "most babies") just can't wait until 6 months. And you should hear her on BLW... [roll eyes emoticon]

MrsJamin Sun 27-Jul-08 09:43:41

Hear AK on BLW - it's hilarious how her main objection is that a baby could choke on a lychee stone. Ever since listening to this I knew that BLW was the way to do and I couldn't trust AK's advice. When was the book published?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now