Talk

Advanced search

Frozen treats for 7month old?

(14 Posts)
chloemegjess Sat 26-Jul-08 16:37:31

Hello. My DD is teething AND has tonsillitis! Poor girl is realy in pain, and with this bad weather and all!

Anyway, I have heard that people make lollys for babies...is this ok? What do you use and how do you do it? I am breastfeeding, and I have also heard you can make lollys with BM (IF i could express enough!) or is it easier to make with fruit juice or something?

I have normal lolly moulds, but these would be very big for my DD and hard for her to hold. What does everybody else use?

Ideally I didnt want to go out specially to buy something, mainly because of DD being ill. Could possibly get Dh to pick something up though.

electricluluarella Sat 26-Jul-08 16:39:56

frozen bananas good

fruit juice very sugary?

maybe just one of those teething rings you can refrigerate?

girlandboy Sat 26-Jul-08 16:41:38

Frozen baby yoghurt
Frozen bananas

LavenderMist Sat 26-Jul-08 17:11:07

Frozen cucumber went down very well here yesterday.

LyraSilvertongue Sat 26-Jul-08 17:13:49

Frozen chunks of melon?

moocowme Sat 26-Jul-08 17:59:06

cold celery works for us

chloemegjess Sat 26-Jul-08 19:57:35

Yes I have the teething rings etc, but I am more thinking for the tonsillitis, as her throat is soo sore, she needs something to sooth it.

I have tried giving cucumber and celery before and not interested. Also, I think with her throat so swollen, she could do with something smooth

LyraSilvertongue Sat 26-Jul-08 20:18:03

Would a spoonful of Calpol not do the trick with the throat?

chloemegjess Sun 27-Jul-08 17:53:11

No, she has had it very badly. I have other treads about it, she has been to hospital twice now with it. She has been having calpol and neofen for 4days now and still having temperatures between 100-105 and is still in pain sad.

Somebody said to me today that you can get frubes and freeze them, and give like a lolly. Is this ok for this age?

moocowme Sun 27-Jul-08 20:32:34

in that case i would go for a frozen yogurt or sorbet. its not going to kill her. she needs something lovely and soothing. if that does not appeal then in this case i would go for ice cream but one of the better brands like yeo valley.

anonymama Sun 27-Jul-08 20:49:57

From another MN thread, I got the idea of blending ice-cubes made of Expressed Breast Milk and soft fruit, e.g. peaches, pears, plums.

I use a handheld Braun blender with an ice crushing attachment thingy.

DS (7mths) loves his "ice-cream" and it does seem to help with teething.

HTH

CalmCalmCalm Sun 27-Jul-08 22:00:32

Also, if you freeze bananas (I peel and slice mine) you can blend them as anonymama has suggested. It comes out just like ice cream. I sometimes add yoghurt to make it easier to blend.

Tinkjon Sun 27-Jul-08 22:12:52

There are some great lolly moulds that act like Smarties Pop-Ups ice-creams, if you know what those are. They have the advantage of not being messy - you just twist up what they need to suck and there's no dripping... I'm not sure what they're called I'm afraid, but we got ours at The Range, if you have one of those near you.

LuckySalem Sun 27-Jul-08 22:13:50

We make "ice pops" out of watered down fruit juice and DD loves them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now