Talk

Advanced search

BLW - I take it all back :)

(7 Posts)
Tinkjon Fri 25-Jul-08 20:03:56

I have said a few times in the past how I didn't really like BLW that much and found it a lot more work than purees. Well I take it all back - I LOVE it now!

MrsJamin Sun 27-Jul-08 09:46:54

It's brilliant isn't it? Was at a nice meal out yesterday and 6 1/2 MO DS was chomping through my roast turkey dinner whilst a 11 MO was being spoon fed. [smug mummy emoticon] What made you change your mind?

Tinkjon Sun 27-Jul-08 18:25:25

It was just when DS became more capable of eating things, which wasn't until about a month ago. There was so little that he could eat (could never manage meat - especially at 6,5mo, so well done toy our lo!) and I found it so hard to find things for him to eat. But his repertoire is huge now! I do still find it a pain to cook certain food fresh for him, instead of blasting an ice-cube in the microwave though eg. he still can't manage raw carrots so I have to cook them afresh each time. Since he got a pincer grip it's much easier too.

ruddynorah Sun 27-Jul-08 18:31:21

you can get steam fresh bags of veg from the frozen section. they contain portion sized bags of small veg like carrot batons, french beans and peas. and they do other mixtures. zap for 30 seconds or so in micro and hey presto blw meal.

i think the makers, possibly bird's eye, have cottoned on to blw, they are now making child size portions. most superkarkets are doing their own too.

chloemegjess Sun 27-Jul-08 18:32:47

How old is your DS?

I think you could cook the carrots and then just freeze in small portions? The same has if you were doing purees but just don't blend?

Tinkjon Sun 27-Jul-08 22:15:37

Oooh, those steam, bags sound good, will look out for them!

DS is 10mo. It hadn't occurred to me that cooked carrots would freeze well but it's worth a try!

chloemegjess Sun 27-Jul-08 22:32:51

tinkjon - most people who do purees, blend and then freeze carrot etc, so its the same thing, without being blended

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now