Talk

Advanced search

very tiny specks of blood in poo, bf baby with some blw

(4 Posts)
alright Sun 20-Jul-08 14:56:36

my 5 and a half month old is bf'd and just started blw bits of broccoli carrot, banana apple pear that king of thing. around three/four times now theres been very small specks of blood in the nappy, it doesnt really correlate with what he is eating either, it doesnt happen, for example, everytime he has apple, its just random. i even laid off weaning and it happened once when just on breastmilk, i thought it could be something ive eaten but he's never taken badly to anything ive eaten before and ive not changed my diet, i have started to have the occasional cup of coffee but i cant see that being it. he isnt cranky or feverish, just normal, could it be linked to teething?? cant work it out...

mum2oandh Sun 20-Jul-08 15:12:40

Not sure if this is helpful but this sounds exactly like my ds, except she started getting it at 3 1/2 months so still exclusivley bf, the first time it happened, I paniced and rushed her her to the docs , it then happened on and off for the next monthish, whilst I worried and she saw various doctors, hv etc. Then it just stopped and has never happened again. Nobody ever told me what it could be for certain, though a tear or a food allergy were suggested.

GreenMonkies Sun 20-Jul-08 15:30:01

My DD2 had blood specks (in green mucousy poo) when ever I ate icecream, it turned out she was intolerant to cows milk protien and was reacting to it through my milk.

I'd lay off the solids for a week or two and watch your own diet and see if you can isolate the trigger.

It may be nothing, it may be a food allergy, only time will tell!

Monkies

mooki Tue 22-Jul-08 21:44:40

My Dd also had blood flecks in green mucousy poo. Started just after her 2nd set of jabs - while she was still ex-bf, seemed to get worse when we started BLW.

We did get a referral to a gastroenterologist but by the time we got there, we hadn't had an episode for quite a few weeks.

He thought that she had probably had been colitis caused by cow's milk protein intolerance but that it had cleared up by itself. We've had no problems since and she eats lots of dairy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now