Talk

Advanced search

How regularly can 11mth old eat pasta?

(5 Posts)
Zeeky Fri 18-Jul-08 20:12:22

Have had trouble getting DS to eat much for the last 3 months now, and consequently he is the same weight now as he was 12 weeks ago!

The only thing I have found that he will eat any decent quantity of it pasta with a tomato-based sauce on with grated cheese on top. He shovels in his mouth like there's no tomorrow!! This is great, but I can't really give him this for every meal. I tried him with a cheese, broccoli & chicken sauce on pasta for lunch today and he tasted it then chucked it on the floor. I then offered him some with tomata sauce on and he wolfed it down!

So my question is, how often can I give him the pasta and tomato sauce but still making sure he is getting a balanced diet? I have just made some tomato sauce with lots of veg pureed into it, so at least he will be getting some veg with his pasta.

chisigirl Fri 18-Jul-08 20:27:34

I think once a day is fine! It's quite balanced if you think... cereals, veggies. Dairy if you melt cheese on top. It's especially good if you vary the type of veggies that you sneak in!

OverMyDeadBody Fri 18-Jul-08 20:28:47

Daily is fine, if he's getting veg as well in the sauce.

Presumably he has breakfast and lunch too and you can keep the variety up that wy?

cktwo Fri 18-Jul-08 20:33:08

Most of my quick mid-week meals are variations on pasta and tomato sauce blush. But you can put loads of other things in to to up the nutrition
eg chicken, tuna, numerous veggies, seafood, fish, mozzarella
The list is endless

Zeeky Sun 20-Jul-08 08:56:37

Thanks guys!

I have also made some tuna & tomato sauce which he likes, and he has always liked bolognese sauce. Just made some mini meatballs too that I can try serving with the pasta and sauce.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now