Talk

Advanced search

Breast to Bottle - Help!

(8 Posts)
Sammyg81 Thu 17-Jul-08 09:06:44

I have 2 boys, Jacob 20 mths, who I breastfed until 6 mths and i do't remember having too much of a problem changing to bottles. Oliver 4 mths, is breastfed and is still feeding every 2 hrs 24/7 and i just don't think i can do it any more sad. I'm absolutly exhausted, i've tried putting him on the bottle, different teats and formulas, even my breast milk, but he won't have any of it and throws an absolute paddy.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get him to take the bottle?

turtle23 Thu 17-Jul-08 12:12:57

Me too! Watching this thread with interest. And very tired eyes. Somebody help us!

OldieButGoldie Fri 18-Jul-08 22:33:03

Hi! Me too!!

My DS is 4 months and I have been trying to get him to take a bottle for about 10 days now. Tried it all, different teats, different milks, different times of day, he doesn't want to know.

He is also feeding bout 12 times in 24 hours (ie. an average of 2 hourly).

My HV says I should have given him the occasional bottle from early days so that he didn't loose the sucking reflex. Handy to know now hmm

My advice? Chill out. Be exhausted. Sit back and think 'Crikey, I'm knackered but I'm doing a great job.'

And remember there are others out here who are going through the same thing smile

turtle23 Sat 19-Jul-08 08:36:04

HV told me to try a cup...that was fun.

designerbaby Sat 19-Jul-08 16:21:41

I got DD to take a bottle by offering one when she was asleep - she took it without realising and got used to it that way - then when I introduced one in the daytime she was OK with it.

A bit like those CDs where you learn French in your sleep... ?? hmm

Just, er, be sure you REALLY want to... replacing feeds with bottles can really mess things up unless you're careful. It did for me... don't want to scaremonger, but just do your homework and think hard about it first, ok?

Sure Tiktok will be along shortly with some wise advice...

db
xx

designerbaby Sat 19-Jul-08 16:23:27

Oh.. and have you posted this on the 'breast and bottle feeding' board too??

x

turtle23 Sat 19-Jul-08 16:37:56

DS took 3.5 oz from a Closer to Nature bottle today...

busymumofthree Fri 25-Jul-08 14:43:43

Hi - my youngest wouldn't take a bottle and I found these amazing cups that really, really work!! They are called Steadycups - we haven't looked back...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now