Talk

Advanced search

What is the best way of starting weaning when baby is not on a routine?

(4 Posts)
2point4kids Wed 16-Jul-08 12:42:41

DS2 not weaned yet but am wondering how I will work it when I do...
At the moment he is fed on demand, so feeds at quite different times each day. He also sleeps as and when he likes as well.

I'm not sure how to go about starting weaning with regards to what meals to start first and what time etc as if I start at tea time every day then theres every chance he will have just had a bottle or be fast asleep at that time?

Can I just give him a bit of baby rice at a different time each day when he is not wanting milk and wide awake?

MrsBadger Wed 16-Jul-08 12:45:39

yes but tbh it's easier to do it when you are eating ie sit baby in highchair while you have lunch

witchandchips Wed 16-Jul-08 12:46:22

Do you plan to do BLW if so i would give him something to eat round about the time you have lunch. If that goes well give him some thing else to eat round about the time you have breakfast as well. I think the answer is to be led by when you eat.

cmotdibbler Wed 16-Jul-08 12:47:55

I did BLW at 6 months, so I just offered some of whatever I was eating and when - so breakfast was at 7 ish, lunch at 12, tea at 5 if weekends - nursery have lunch at 11.30, tea at 3.30, and then he had a snack at home at 5.

If he was asleep before lunch/tea, just saved it for him, and if he looked sleepy just before would give him food then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now