Talk

Advanced search

Sweetcorn and peas are ok for a BLW 10 month old, aren't they?

(7 Posts)
naturelover Wed 16-Jul-08 11:11:55

I'm assuming because DD has a pincer grip, she won't choke on sweetcorn or peas if she picks them up and feeds them to herself.

Sorry for the pfb question, I'm pretty sure I've answered my own question!

MrsBadger Wed 16-Jul-08 11:14:46

yep
grapes still a no-go though

naturelover Wed 16-Jul-08 11:22:40

Thanks Mrs Badger

I've been giving her seedless grapes cut in half and peeled, they've been ok. What a faff! But she loves them...

MrsBadger Wed 16-Jul-08 11:26:20

I don't think you need to peel them if they're cut... don't you?

naturelover Wed 16-Jul-08 11:29:31

DD has a tendency to store bits of fruit peel at the side of her mouth and then bite down on them when I'm breastfeeding... so for my own safety (!) I tend to peel fruit!

EsmeWeatherwax Wed 16-Jul-08 11:30:14

I gave peas and sweetcorn to my dd when she was about this age, she loved them, although now she just squeezes the contents of the peas out through their skins and laughs like a drain. Especially when they hit you in the face.

electronic Tue 22-Jul-08 11:13:27

if you get whole corn on the cobs you can cut them into discs once they're cooked and its easy for them to hold and work their way around it like mickey mouse did (does anyone else remember that??!!). i've done that with my twins from 7 months and they've loved the corn. peas i kinda mushed up a little and they loved chasing them around the tray

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now