Talk

Advanced search

My 9mo DS WILL NOT EAT

(4 Posts)
DaphneDescends Mon 14-Jul-08 14:16:42

He will not be spoonfed, and will not eat any finger food. Mostly BLW up to now and it has been going really well.

What have I done wrong, what can I do, before I tear my hair out in frustration......

witchandchips Mon 14-Jul-08 14:22:30

probably teething or something. Really just let it be, keep offering (if you eat at the sametime its easier as you don't waste all the food). He will eat when he is hungry/feeling better. Leave off the spoon as you don't want to create issues later and make it all a battle

runnervt Mon 14-Jul-08 14:26:40

Try not to worry too much. My ds didn't really eat anything till he was about 11 months. He's fine now but I guess he wasn't ready at 6 months. I just kept offering food and slowly he started actually eating it. It is frustrating and I've never wasted so much food but we got there in the end without making it a battle.

nibbs Wed 16-Jul-08 11:27:10

I'm in exactly the same position right now - DD won't eat off a spoon, unless she is really hungry. I then get very excited and think the not-eating phase is over, but then for the next 4 or 5 days she won't look at a spoon again. She eats strawberries and bits of apple and toast, but that's pretty much it.
It is so frustrating.
I don't think that we're doing anything wrong, but I also don't know what to do. I wonder how she'll grow healthily if she doesn't eat anything.
We'll keep on offering food and hopefully she will take to it eventually...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now