Talk

Advanced search

Last question on BLW, sorry

(12 Posts)
EyeballsintheSky Sun 13-Jul-08 00:14:12

OK, we're two days into weaning and so far I've chickened out and given DD pureed carrot yesterday and pureed sweet potato followed by a bit of banana today. But by God it's boring!

So, I want to get on track with BLW. Firstly, I know I've asked this before but I just want to be sure. Can I really just launch in straight away with pretty much anything? No building up with gentle first tastes, wait a day till introducing next thing etc? For example, if we're having chicken, rice and veg tomorrow night, can I just plop some in front of her even though she's just started? Can I give her some bits of toast tomorrow morning?

Also my AK book says to introduce one meal at a time so, a week of say lunch, then a week of breakfast and lunch etc and build it up. With BLW do I just stick something in front of her whenever we're having anything, even if it's three times a day from tomorrow and let her get on with it?

It's all pretty confusing...

EyeballsintheSky Sun 13-Jul-08 00:14:44

DD is 6 months and 3 days btw

NoBiggyFinish Sun 13-Jul-08 00:27:34

If you have no concerns about allergies, no family history, then go for it, avoiding the usual shellfish, honey, whatever the others are

So, you'll find that she won't eat much. But that's fine. So you can, if you want to, put three meals a day in front of her from the off (you'll be cleaning up 3 times a day too, but there it is). If she doesn't want it, or much of it, she won't have it. And you need to trust that she knows her own appetite and don't try and coax her into having a bit more.

Keep giving her milk, and basically, let her do her own thing.

ExterminAitch Sun 13-Jul-08 00:29:11

stick it in front of her... just don't expect too much actual eating yet. it's v different from AK, i'd ditch the book tbh and rely on your baby telling you what to do next.

EyeballsintheSky Sun 13-Jul-08 00:36:32

I thought so. Just wanted to check, PFB and all that wink. It's so easy to fall into the trap of thinking they have such delicate little tummies that can't handle anything normal. What really decided it was that I gave her some little rice cakes while going round Tesco today and she was delighted. She grinned and sucked them and squashed them into the car seat. Looked far more fun than orange mush!

ExterminAitch Sun 13-Jul-08 00:41:14

well... <coughs> if certain people can get you to fall into that trap then they have any number of products to sell you... if you do BLW they can't. wink

EyeballsintheSky Sun 13-Jul-08 00:51:06

hides AK ice cube trays I know, it's shocking. Shysters.

Thank you, I feel freeeeeeeee!

ExterminAitch Sun 13-Jul-08 00:55:06

<anoints eyeballs> and you are, my dear. go in peace to love and serve your child Proper Food.

EyeballsintheSky Sun 13-Jul-08 01:01:05

I have a strong urge to wake her up now and give her spaghetti bolognaise with no spoon. Is this normal? By the way, anyone know of a good recipe (preferably cake related) that calls for pureed stewed apple and pear?

EyeballsintheSky Sun 13-Jul-08 01:01:22

I have a strong urge to wake her up now and give her spaghetti bolognaise with no spoon. Is this normal? By the way, anyone know of a good recipe (preferably cake related) that calls for pureed stewed apple and pear?

EyeballsintheSky Sun 13-Jul-08 01:02:37

Bloody iPhone <tuts>

ExterminAitch Sun 13-Jul-08 01:06:09

well, no reason why that puree won't be delicious on toast or on a ricecake, and if you're giving yoghurts (i couldn't personally be arsed) then stir some in. re the spag, we used to have fusilli in the beginning, as it was easier for dd to manage when she was very wee. good luck. don't expect anything more than playing for a while and you'll be fine. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now