Talk

Advanced search

6 months - is that week 20 or week 24?

(11 Posts)
thequietone Mon 07-Jul-08 14:25:09

I can't believe I'm checking, as this is my second child!
Technically he begins his sixth month in week 20, but should the weaning begin on week 24 (ie. the end of the sixth month)?

I'm such a feckwit sometimes...

theinsider Mon 07-Jul-08 14:27:09

I would consider 6 months was 26 weeks ie half a year of 52 weeks.

thequietone Mon 07-Jul-08 14:33:25

Hmmm, maybe I should wait until his birthdate, six months from birth ie. born 25th Feb, start weaning 25th August.

theinsider Mon 07-Jul-08 14:37:51

I was told that when they say absolute earliest 4 months they mean 17 weeks. I would agree with what you say that he is six months old when he has lived for a full six months, ie his half-birthday.

pussycatmomma Mon 07-Jul-08 21:18:09

well im aiming for 6 mths = 26 weeks.
Hes 23 weeks on sunday! Ive been busy making purees for the freezer. Dont want to do it before 26 weeks, but want to be ready to have a go when we finally get there!

CantSleepWontSleep Mon 07-Jul-08 21:28:43

26 weeks. Not a shadow of a doubt.

MamaMaiasaura Mon 07-Jul-08 21:29:27

<waves to PCM> wow hasnt time flown! ds2 is now 27 weeks. He has been grabbing food off our plates and so gums finger foods. Was going to go the whole blw completely but found some foods need a spoon (like lasanage) and so i load up spoon and he shoves it in (his nose) and mouth (and ear and over his big brother). Is great fun and very messy but he seems to be having fun grin I have a video of him eating a strwaberry by him self and many photos of him self feeding.

RegenerAitch Tue 08-Jul-08 14:16:08

awen, that is blw you twit. grin loading up a spoon is just loading up a spoon... he's still eating it and feeding himself. i wish it was just called self-feeding, tbh, make things much clearer... blw as clear as mud imo.

alright Tue 08-Jul-08 21:11:49

my boy is going to be 23 weeks this week, im finding it so hard to wait, everythings going in the mouth, he's sitting up, pinched and sucked a carrot, he's had calpol, teehing gel, dirty playgroup toys in his mouth and tried to eat the dog the other day when i turned my back for a second, i cant see its worth waiting another 3 weeks. is it?

RegenerAitch Tue 08-Jul-08 21:32:52

me personally... i'd let him have a shot on a wee ricecake or steamed carrot stick. no gluten, obv. but then i like BLW, which kinda says that when they're ready they'll do it, and not before.

alright Wed 09-Jul-08 21:33:09

oh my gosh, i let him have a rice cake at the dinner table tonight, at first his face was confused as he sucked it then gagged a few times as he'd got a few bits off, then he begun to chew!! his eyes watered when he did a a big swallow. my brave little eating boy soldier [proud]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now