Talk

Advanced search

Non slip bowls/equipment that actually work!

(7 Posts)
penona Tue 17-Jun-08 22:58:34

Can anyone recommend non-slip bowls that work on a plastic highchair tray? My twins are starting to feed themselves and I usually use the tray for toast etc but need a bowl for cereal. I have the munchkin ones which are fine for DS but DD has worked out how to lever them off the tray....
Does the Tommee Tippee magic gripper mat work? Do you have to use their bowls?
I know most mums just hold the bowl still for the child but with two babies that is not going to be possible!
Thanks

wrinklytum Tue 17-Jun-08 23:01:05

Hi penona,dd has sn and her portage worker gave me some stuff which is non stick like a mat that will fit under a bowl.Will try to find out its name and postback if it is available in shops/online

Tinkjon Tue 17-Jun-08 23:13:08

The Tommee Tippee mat works on other plates too, but DS can still get the plate off and hurl it against the wall

MegBusset Tue 17-Jun-08 23:13:22

I have tried loads of different products including the Tommee Tippee one but none lasted more than about five seconds in the hands of DS. I just put the food straight on the tray.

Zeeky Wed 18-Jun-08 10:44:19

DS worked out pretty quick how to get the bowl off the Tommee Tippee mat. Even when it has got a good grip of the bowl, he just pulls with all his might until it gives way, resulting in the contents going flying! It can be quite amusing to watch sometimes though, as the amount of effort & determination he shows is remarkable!!

So I'm also looking for a better solution...

lazyhen Wed 18-Jun-08 20:04:09

wrinklytum - do you think you've been given dycem matting? Might stop bowl sliding but wouldn't secure it to the tray.

Philamenus Tue 23-Jun-15 07:27:55

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now