Talk

Advanced search

Heating up home made meat or rice dishes for my baby whilst out....

(8 Posts)
mum2oliver Wed 12-Sep-07 13:21:46

Doea anyone have a prob with places heating up home made baby food?

FLIER Wed 12-Sep-07 13:24:06

a lot of places won't heat up home made stuff

melsy Wed 12-Sep-07 13:27:41

health and safety laws means no business will take responsibility for yuor won food. However some business are now providing a microwave for you to do so. They are few and far between though. I remeber having this mare when dd1 was a baby. With dd2 I did BLW so gave her veg from menus or something she could have with lowered salt or bring some fruit a yogurts.

superloopy Wed 12-Sep-07 13:39:29

I bought a small thermos flask/bowl from ASDA for about £4. I found it kept DD's food warmed nicely.

Seona1973 Wed 12-Sep-07 19:32:06

I either heated it to piping hot before I left and then it would have cooled by the time I got there or I gave something that was ok to have cold e.g. banana, yoghurt, fruit pot, sandwich, etc

MaeWest Wed 12-Sep-07 19:37:47

I'm a bit scummy blush (and maybe DS isn't fussy) so didn't heat his food up when we were out. I'm talking things like a portion of stew, shepherds pie etc. I felt as long as it hadn't been out of the fridge too long it would be ok. Otherwise just took stuff as Seona said that was alright eaten cold.

mum2oliver Wed 12-Sep-07 20:03:06

superloopy you have to reheat meat and rice to really hot so did you just do veg as I have a flask specifically for this but cant use for meat and rice.(oh and fish)x

startouchedtrinity Wed 12-Sep-07 20:19:44

Rice can be seriously dodgy if not heated properly or kept cold enough, it breeds a really nasty type of bacteria. I would save rice for at home myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now