Talk

Advanced search

need ideas for pasta filling...

(7 Posts)
daisythedog Sun 02-Sep-07 23:09:30

My 8mo db won't let me spoon-feed him and for the most part will only eat foods that he can hold in is fist -- rusks, strips of toast, steamed carrot sticks, sticks of banana etc. He'll eat whatever I spread on the rusk or toast, such as cheese. He'll also eat from a whole peach, pear or nectarine, but only if I hold it for him.

I've been trying to figure out a way to expand his repetoire and have thought of something that might work but I need your help as I'm not at all a creative cook...

I've bought tube shaped pasta which are just the right size for him to hold. I'd like to stuff them with something that will ooze out when he chews and sucks on the pasta. The filling needs to be thick/sticky enough not to drip out but not so thick/sticky that he won't be able to suck it out and swallow it. Any ideas???

Dior Sun 02-Sep-07 23:10:54

Message withdrawn

dressedupnowheretogo Sun 02-Sep-07 23:14:16

try tagletelle sp? too with pesto my lo loves it

also stifry as most of the veg are fist sized

you can give them sticks of cheese

my lo is also partial to roast potato
fish fingers home made of course and chicken goujons

scrambled egg was always popular too

have you looked at aitch's blog vvvvvv imformative lots of recipies too

daisythedog Sun 02-Sep-07 23:14:55

dumb question, i know, but just blend the chicken and corn without adding anything else?

serenity Sun 02-Sep-07 23:20:29

riccota and spinach, maybe with a few bits of ham? (We have it with crispy bacon when I do cannelloni but that might be too salty)

tuna/sweetcorn and mayo

Dior Sun 02-Sep-07 23:21:55

Message withdrawn

Habbibu Mon 03-Sep-07 08:39:58

Stir cream cheese into pretty much any pasta sauce - makes it thick and sticks to the pasta. Also put strips of veg into the sauce, so he can pick those up too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now