Talk

Advanced search

Baby stopped eating finger foods

(4 Posts)
PopcornAndWine Mon 03-Feb-20 11:18:30

Hi my DD is 6 months. Started weaning with homemade purées which was a bit hit and miss but she took some of them in. Then she really seemed to go off being spoon fed, kept her mouth tight closed and turning her head away from the spoon etc. So switched to finger foods, been offering well-cooked pasta with tomato sauce, various fruit and veg, toast with some purées spread on, omelette fingers, pancake fingers etc. She seemed to much prefer that. But in last two days she seems to have gone off it altogether and doesn't even touch the stuff I put down for her! She is teething so not sure if it's just sore gums and will pass? I am still BF on demand as well.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks.

BillHadersNewWife Mon 03-Feb-20 12:49:24

Sometimes they just go off their food. Especially when they're still little enough to drink a lot of milk. Don't worry about it...as long as she's drinking and wetting plenty, she'll soon come back to it.

Continue to offer food and eventually she'll eat it but don't stress at all.

One of mine at nothing but cucumber and a few pieces of pasta for about 2 weeks and she was quite big at the time...about 18 months. She drank a lot of milk...it was a phase.

BillHadersNewWife Mon 03-Feb-20 12:50:03

Oh and 6 months is still very, very small. Some babies barely eat a thing at that age. She's still learning.

PopcornAndWine Mon 03-Feb-20 14:01:40

Thanks. Yes plenty of wet nappies still. I will try and relax and keep offering. She just ate a tiny bit of pasta and cheese for lunch smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »