Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How fast/slow did you do blw?

(9 Posts)
msappropriate Mon 27-Aug-07 19:43:37

aitchs blog is down so I just wondered. I just started today and gave my son a bit of some of whatever we ate. I wasn't going to do one food every 2-3 days as he is 6 months now. I was going to leave a couple of days between wheat and dairy but that was it. I did that with my older child (although he was spoon fed mush at this age). I do remember someone ont he blog started with spag bol.

Saying that, hardly any reached his mouth. He was making his frustrated noises when things slipped out of his hand though. The most frustrating thing for me is that for the last 2 months he has been grabbing everything and putting it in his mouth (including puling some leaves off a bush) but with food he just kept picking it up and contemplating it!

MadLabOwner Mon 27-Aug-07 19:47:22

As there are no allergies etc in our families I was fairly relaxed about introducing new foods speedily. I think I was careful in the first couple of weeks as I thought her system just wouldn't be used to anything other than milk, then after that I probably added one or more a day.

Bread crusts and bits of cheese are non-slippy and were very popular IIFC.

msappropriate Mon 27-Aug-07 19:51:19

he sucked the cheese like an ice cream! Will try bread in a couple of days. My niece has got a bunch of allergies but mainly nuts and the odd fruit. My son was fine with everything.

ruddynorah Mon 27-Aug-07 19:54:34

i did just fruit and veg for maybe 2 weeks, (then she got the gist of chewing rather than sucking and biting) then started giving carbohydrates, wheat etc, and i think i left protein until 7 months. she had a full christmas dinner at that point. that was her first taste of meat. i have never given her strawberries, raw tomato or kiwi fruit though. just having read some stuff about them i decided not to. having said that, if she grabbed one of those things off me i wouldn't stress about it. she's 16 months now.

ruddynorah Mon 27-Aug-07 19:55:33

i didn't do the one food every 3 days thing. i think that's more for 4 months old babies or allergy prone families.

JodieG1 Mon 27-Aug-07 19:55:54

Personally I gave mainly veg and fruit for the first couple of weeks but added more and now he eats nearly everything. Haven't given much meat yet but he loves his food and eats lots.

Aitch Mon 27-Aug-07 23:26:12

i did exactly the same as ruddynorah (or she did exactly the same as me... hmm? [wink?) likewise Jodie, i just wanted to let her get used to the idea.

msappropriate Tue 28-Aug-07 10:14:37

well he has a bit of everything but as little is actually put near his mouth and nothing actually digested I think his system is not too overloaded!

littlelapin Tue 28-Aug-07 10:16:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now