Talk

Advanced search

7mo refuses all savoury food after illness?

(6 Posts)
wibbleweed Mon 20-Aug-07 13:32:29

Hi there - we were doing pretty well with weaning, with my ds expanding his repertoire of pureed stuff, and just starting to introduce protein, when (just before 7m) he got a nasty D & V bug that completely set him back for over a week. It seems that I've gone back to square one with weaning, only worse! Whereas before, he was happy to try all sorts of veg stuff e.g. broccoli, squash etc, now unless it's either a) a fruitpot or b) pureed banana, he either has a complete tizz or just gags/pukes to order. Any ideas? Should I just stick with the fruit stuff and take it slowly (perhaps disguising all savoury stuff with apple??)? As for finger foods/blw, if he does get anything near his mouth, all he does is gag/puke, so think I'll hold off this a while. Any suggestions/shared experiences most welcome. Thanks!

aviatrix Mon 20-Aug-07 13:35:10

Message withdrawn

NineUnlikelyTales Mon 20-Aug-07 13:40:01

Don't worry, my DS went for 6 weeks with nothing savoury, not even bread, when he was about 7-8 months. No harm done and he eats pretty much anything now.

I would just keep offering what you know he will like, plus trying savoury things but not forcing it.

Scoobi6 Tue 21-Aug-07 10:04:01

My DD, nearly 9 mo had a nasty bug a few weeks ago and went right off her food for over a week once she'd recovered. She did the gagging/puking thing too when food was offered. We just gave her very simple things like porridge for a while, and now she is ravenous again and making up for lost time!

Maybe your ds still has a bit of a delicate tummy after his bug, take it slow and I'm sure he'll let you know when he's ready to eat properly again!

wibbleweed Tue 21-Aug-07 10:08:29

Thanks everyone - last night we had a wee bit of progress and he ate some parsnip/squash mush! Will continue to take it very slowly...

IcingOnTheCake Tue 21-Aug-07 10:25:53

My dd did that after a cold, it is very frustrating but do keep with it because he will eat properly again. Patience is the key, even though mine ran pretty thin when it was my dd!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: