Talk

Advanced search

Weaning at 22 weeks

(3 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Lornarobina09 Tue 08-Oct-19 13:02:49

Hey so my health visitor has recommended that we start trying some food my daughter is 22 weeks old she’s just under the 91st percentile and can sit up has amazing head control and reaches out for things and puts them to her mouth
I just feel unsure I’m not sure where to start how often I should try her with food and wether to offer food before a bottle or after? Please help

LilyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 10-Oct-19 10:29:47

Hi OP

We're just giving this a bump for you. flowers

Yoohoo16 Thu 10-Oct-19 10:39:48

I found weaning a really daunting task but actually I made it harder than it needed to be.
I started with purées once a day. Pick a time that suits you. For example say baby has usual milk feed at 12 ish, i would offer some purée after that. Don’t forget, it doesn’t replace a milk feed this early on it’s just getting new tastes and textures into them.
I introduced a taste of my food here and there (watching salt) and gave more solid foods so we could incorporate a bit of baby led weaning. Gradually she just ate more and more and found it easier to eat so I was led by her.
My personal preference was a bit of purée and bit of blw.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »