Talk

Advanced search

Weaning help

(4 Posts)
Fantababy Thu 26-Sep-19 23:19:36

On top of some purées and a little porridge, DD has eaten (gummed) sticks of cooked carrot and broccoli and raw banana and cucumber. She's also had some buttered toast and some sugar free banana pancakes. Basically if it's soft enough and you can cut it into sticks, they can have a go!

Seeline Wed 25-Sep-19 10:17:21

Pieces of cooked pasta
Toast fingers
Rice cakes
Dry cereal pieces
Pieces of fruit - halve grapes, but sticks of banana , peach etc
sticks of steamed veg - carrot, beans, broccoli florets,
Strips of chicken, and other meat

Basically anything you eat that he looks interested in!!

Bits will probably go down the wrong way to start with, but keep close by when he is eating so that you can deal with it if necessary. They usually just cough it up, but if you are really nervous how about a baby first aid course?

LiliesAndChocolate Wed 25-Sep-19 10:14:23

He loves the puffs because it is ultra-processed food and it is basically a baby version of cheetos. It is just corn flour and oil with a minimal amount of dried / powdered veggies or fruits completely void of any nutrients lost in the industrial process.
At 7 months you can try to make a runny risotto, soups with chunks, polenta, couscous.... these will give your son a taste for real food and vegetable and teach him to swallow and chew .
You can make some basic vegetables stew with sweet potatoes. Zucchini and then use the back of the fork to mash the veggies but not too much.
For breakfast, you can try some overnight oats, for snack slice an apple in a small pot and add 1cn of water. Let simmer at low heat until apple is very soft and try giving small pieces of it. You can also poach a sliced banana so it is sweeter and soft.

Take advantage of unaltered taste buds to offer a maximum of vegetables in every possible form.

lauren711 Tue 24-Sep-19 22:32:08

Hello! My little boy will be 7 months old next Sunday and we are still on mainly purées with only some of the Ella's kitchen melty puffs. I don't really know how to start or what to give him as finger type foods? He loves the puffs so I think he'd enjoy having more solid foods and I think it's me holding him back at the minute as I'm so scared he'll choke on them😳 any suggestions would be amazing thank you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »