Talk

Advanced search

BLW gives my baby sore eyes

(9 Posts)
homerton Thu 09-Aug-07 22:42:17

this may seem an occupational hazard but am looking for similar experiences and any top tips please.started blw with dd and its going well but her food covered hands keep going to rub her eyes(even when she's not tired)and the food goes in and causes real irriation. What can i do?

littlelapin Thu 09-Aug-07 22:44:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

homerton Thu 09-Aug-07 22:52:11

honestly that's not a bad idea, my dh is a bit iffy about blw anyway and when he saw her puffy eye(caused by kiwi hands) he said that he didn't think "all this baby fed weaning was worth it!"sic

littlelapin Thu 09-Aug-07 23:05:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gillhowe Fri 10-Aug-07 10:04:43

In case it helps with your DH this isn't a solely BLW problem! Non BLW's have finger foods too, and they get purees all over their hands while playing with spoons!

homerton Fri 10-Aug-07 13:07:34

Good point. I think its a case of finding a reason to diss it.

EscapeFrom Fri 10-Aug-07 13:08:57

they all do it, blw, or puree weaned, they all do it. Short of strapping them down you can't stop it.

mawbroon Fri 10-Aug-07 13:18:21

Cherry toms did this to my ds, so I just avoided them for a while. Perhaps you could find out which particular foods your dd reacts to and do the same? Unless it's all of them of course.......

EscapeFrom Fri 10-Aug-07 13:20:34

Kiwi, by the way, is a well known allergen. I am allergic to it myself, quite a few people are - work avoiding f it's already produced a rash and sweeling.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: