Talk

Advanced search

15 month old always had loose stool is this allergy?

(4 Posts)
4cheekymonkey Wed 11-Sep-19 12:36:46

Hi all a bit of a background. 15 month old ds is fully weaned until 1he had some eczema but would say it seems better. I feel like a bad mother but it only occurred to me recently that he has never ever had a solid stool. Always had runny poos. I always put it down to teething he has most of them. The only thing that possibly points to him being allergic is when i'd give him egg in the form or hard boiled, scrambled, omelette, in the past he came out in a rash around his mouth and hands where he touched it. So I stopped giving him egg on it's own and waiting for a hosp app to talk about it. He eats everything including hidden egg and never really check the labels but worried now that he might be suffering stomach aches hence the runny poos. He has always been a bit of a whiny baby anyway but just wondering if there is anything I can or should try before out app?

4cheekymonkey Wed 11-Sep-19 12:39:20

Just to add he is a big boy always been on the 95th centile so not malnourished by any means smile

Aunaturalmama Mon 21-Oct-19 05:10:51

Hey how’s baby? My son has a gluten allergy that caused fussiness, lack of sleep (didn’t sleep through until we cut the allergen), eczema, and loose stools. He was 95th as well in weight. I found out when you have a gluten allergy, your body hold onto weight as when you have gluten it messes with your digestion causing lack of vitamin absorption, which makes you eat more and also hold onto the weight. To my surprise after we cut gluten he slowly skimmed up and is now at a resting 65% in weight. Took 6 months to get to that and he’s been the same weight percentile for 2 years now.

I would get an allergy panel done to rule out allergies

notmytea Mon 21-Oct-19 05:15:56

Could be, all you can do is cut the food out and trial. I'd cut baked egg out if that seems to be the issue with other forms of egg. If that doesnt help then cow's milk but I'd do the two separately so you can see the difference

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »