Talk

Advanced search

Introducing the bottle

(1 Post)
Emilyalice22 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:12:21

Hello, I have an 8 month old baby and for the past month have been trying to get him to take the bottle, but with no success. In the next month I have an important trip abroad for 3 days a hen do and a wedding, so the pressure is on to try and get him taking a bottle. I can’t take him with me to these events. He is my third child and my other two have been introduced the bottle at a similar time and with some persuasion always ended up taking it. I have tried so many different things and he doesn’t want to know. I was wondering if there is anything I haven’t tried that anyone can think of. So far I have tried the following:
Expressing
Aptamil and cow and gate (pre maid and powder)
Three different types of bottles
Beakers
Spoon fed
Offering when distracted/happy/hungry/not hungry/just woken up/sleepy
Husband or other family member offering
Going out for the whole day (he still wouldn’t take it after 9 hours)
Different temperatures
Juice and water in the bottle to encourage him to like it and get used to it. If juice is in the bottle her male take about 1 ounce over the course of the day.

That’s all I can remember at the moment of the things I have tried! He doesn’t seem to like the bottle or milk. He will just push the bottle away mostly but if in a good mood he will put it in mouth but then make a face. This is with breast milk or formula. He is an average eater but doesn’t eat tons. If anyone was in a similar situation and had any advice I would be grateful to hear it.
Thanks in advance

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »