Talk

Advanced search

Nasty nappies - sorry TMI

(12 Posts)
bitzermaloney Tue 07-Aug-07 14:08:48

Ds (12 months) used to have lovely firm poos that rolled off his pristine cloth nappies... for the last month they've been not diarrhoea but, er, of a sloppy consistency that's impossible to remove without taking the hose to them in the garden. I can't think of anything different I've been giving him. What foods might be responsible and is there anything I should give him more of? He is very cheery and apart from a cold seems otherwise very healthy.

I am really tempted to use dizzies until this period is over!

bitzermaloney Tue 07-Aug-07 19:34:49

polite bump for heeeeeelllllp... three extraordinarily icky nappy experiences today.

Aitch Tue 07-Aug-07 22:04:47

sounds like a wee tummy bug. i'd definitely use the disposables until it's over... so long as he's happy and cheery i'd not change anything, tbh.

Aitch Tue 07-Aug-07 22:05:21

offer plenty of water, though.

bitzermaloney Tue 07-Aug-07 23:20:22

Thanks. It did cross my mind, but a month seems a long time to have a tummy bug, doesn't it? Or maybe it's like his colds, an apparently endless series.

Aitch Tue 07-Aug-07 23:46:39

could be, they do get these things a lot. i didn't spot that it was a month, sorry. i actually had the opposite thing, dd's nappies were runny until she was about 14 months.
hhhmm.

what happens if you give him banana, that used to bung dd up. hope someone more useful comes along soon.

hunkermunker Wed 08-Aug-07 00:40:54

Is he teething?

bitzermaloney Wed 08-Aug-07 15:45:27

annoyingly he doesn't like banana at the moment - used to be his favourite when he was 6-7 months.

Oh maybe it is teething... his first two teeth are about halfway through but don't seem to have progressed for a few weeks. I hadn't thought about that. Thx

NotADragonOfSoup Wed 08-Aug-07 15:47:14

"apart from a cold seems otherwise very healthy"

That doesn't help if they've been swallowing mucous (barf!)

lailasmum Wed 08-Aug-07 16:02:52

Are you using liners in your cloth nappies? Try the disposable paper ones until his tummy clears, The ultra liners that babykind or little green earthlets do, they also sell them in waitrose, are pretty good for runnier pooh, and they don't normally let the stain through.

Aitch Wed 08-Aug-07 17:32:48

funnily enough, soupy, that's what i was wondering. i feel a bit sick if i've had a cold and, er, lost my hankie so had to sniff a bit. [vile]

bitzermaloney Wed 08-Aug-07 19:22:37

That's true. Though I'm sure most of his snot has been wiped on my clothes rather than being swallowed...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now