Talk

Advanced search

BLW ideas for breakfast for 11 month DD? ANy ideas really welcome!

(12 Posts)
jakeyscousin Mon 06-Aug-07 11:27:20

DD is going through a stage where she only wants to feed herself and really doesn't ever eat very much anyway. However she has rejected just about everything at breakfast time except bits of cheese! She refuses weetabix, porridge cereals and although she seems to like toast she just sucks on it then spits it out. I don't know what I'm doind wrong? She still takes milk in the night anywhere between 3 and 5 am....should I be stopping this? Also I don't give her milk first thing now until I've tried her with breakfast....after trying and usually failing to have any breakfast I then give up and she has a coupl of ounces of mik instead! Any ideas as to what to give her so she can feed herslef would be greatly appreciated.

witchandchips Mon 06-Aug-07 11:30:51

fruit dipped in yoghurt
hard boiled egg
home made cheese straws
raisins
croissants

twofalls Mon 06-Aug-07 11:49:26

How about cereal she can feed herself like shreddies, mini oatibix, mini weetabix - that type of thing. DD is exactly the same and loves shreddies, I just soften then with some milk and she stuff them in! How about pikelets, pancakes, crumpets. I am sure Aitch will be along soon to bestow the virtues of the porridge pancake but DD never really got on with them...... - details on her blog!

She is 15 months and I STILL resort to giving her milk sometimes between 4-5, otherwise she is up for the day. I have stopped worrying about it tbh.

witchandchips Mon 06-Aug-07 11:50:37

dry cereal is good as well

ruddynorah Mon 06-Aug-07 12:00:37

dd has her cup of morning milk with her breakfast, has done since about 11 months. this morning she had kellogs raisin wheats plus a few grapes. i try not to give her a bread based breakfast as we usually have a bread based lunch.

jakeyscousin Mon 06-Aug-07 15:01:05

any possibilty I could have your recipe for home made cheese straws witchandchips....that could be a winner as she loves cheese and will snack on bread sticks....thanks so much.

witchandchips Mon 06-Aug-07 15:07:10

see this thread for a few
click here

jakeyscousin Mon 06-Aug-07 15:11:56

thanks so much...I shall make them this afternoon and try them for breakfast tomorrow morning.....they sound yummy...I don't kow if Dd will get many as mummy and DH may scoff a few first!

Manictigger Tue 07-Aug-07 12:18:42

The only cereal I can get my 11 month old to eat is puffed wheat (sugarless sugar puffs) softened slightly in a tiny amount of milk. I dump a pile on her high chair tray with some chopped pieces of strawberry or raspberry and let her get on with it whilst I enjoy a huge cup of tea.

Elibean Tue 07-Aug-07 13:37:33

eggy bread. A friend suggested it to me last night (my dd has no teeth yet, 8 months and BLW) and tried it today - dip bread minus crusts in egg and a bit of milk, stick in hot pan with teeny bit of butter, and let it cool. She loved it

BTW, spitting gets less with toast - dd spat the first couple of weeks, now eats loads.

jakeyscousin Tue 07-Aug-07 14:56:42

thanks for your ideas....I shall give the sugar puff things a go and even get out my frying pan for the eggy bread. Its good to know I'm not the only one who struggles with their little ones not wanting breakfast!

gingerninja Wed 08-Aug-07 15:02:18

I make a baby museli which is porrige oats, chopped apricots, figs, raisins and descicated coconut. Soak in apple juice overnight and it comes out all lovely and gungey which my dd eats either with her fingers or I load a spoon and she feeds herself (she's 11 months too)

Also, oatcakes, crumpets, fruit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: