Talk

Advanced search

Help - Finger food/BLW rice ideas

(7 Posts)
Tapster Tue 24-Jul-07 20:16:41

DD now 8.5months will not eat anything except finger food now except for yoghurt. Used to be able to eat pasta by spoon/scooping it but now only want fusilli. Would like to introduce whole rice - risotto balls I expect but DH hates risotto so I suppose I will have to make some specially for her. Any other ideas?

doormat Tue 24-Jul-07 20:20:40

kids in our nursery had sweet and sour sauce added to their rice, they all loved it and were around that age as your dd

terramum Tue 24-Jul-07 20:51:04

rice noodles?....messy but great fun to watch them fling em about...one of our best photos of DS from our early weaning months is of him sat in his high chair in our lounge with the tray, his bib, his head...& most of our lounge carpet completely covered in them!

Tapster Tue 24-Jul-07 22:04:43

Rice noodles a good idea as she should be able to pick it up - oh and fling it like alot of her food but some of still obviously goes in (got her weight today still 91st percentile).

Don't think she can pick up grains of rice effectively yet - but may try, it could keep her entertained for hours...

coleyboy Tue 24-Jul-07 22:06:32

gnocchi? ds loves them

Tapster Wed 25-Jul-07 08:18:56

Gnocchi good idea hadn't thought of that. Think it will have to be risotto balls for the rice.

Seona1973 Wed 25-Jul-07 09:20:58

I had veg purees that ds hadnt eaten but he likes finger food so I just boiled some rice and added it to the puree making it thick enough with the rice so that he could pick it up. Doesnt have to be in balls as long as it clumps together enough for them to get hold of. I have also added pasta to the purees too as I dont want them going to waste.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now