Talk

Advanced search

15 month refusing all milk - has anyone else experienced this?

(3 Posts)
glamourbadger Sun 22-Jul-07 21:23:09

My DD has been on a prescribed formula since I started weaning at 6 months - she is small and it helped bump up her calories. She is finally eating a good lunch and tea so our pediatrician has advised she should move on to cows milk or a follow on formula. I have tried both but she tastes the milk, then throws the cup away in disgust!

It's been nearly a week and she has refused all milk. Has anyone else experienced this? I thought she would have cracked by now! I'm wondering if I should persevere or just offer water/juice instead?

Tommy Sun 22-Jul-07 22:45:21

DS2 didn't take to cows milk at all after I stopped b/feeding him. I'm sure he didn't drink more than a few sips a day for a good few months.

I carried on offering it to him every day and eventually he seemed to like it.

He's 3 now and drinks 2 cups a day but it was a bit of a shock for me as DS1 was (still is) a milk monster and would drink gallons of the stuff.

Will your DD eat milky stuff - yogurts, sheese etc or milk shakes?

glamourbadger Mon 23-Jul-07 09:14:32

Thanks for this. I guess I'll keep on persevering! Milk seems such an important drink for babies and it seems like a huge change going from 300ml a day to nothing. She threw a huge wobbler this morn when I produced her cup before she even tasted it!

She loves yog and will eat some cheese so will bump this up in the interim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now