Advanced search

Food to poo....

(7 Posts)
schmizaj Wed 04-Jul-07 19:49:38

My DD struggling and straining with most movements, only infrequent softies. Try to give her water but won't have much (tried sugar and diluting it) so that isn't helping.

Any particular foods that can help with the ease???

SenoraPostrophe Wed 04-Jul-07 19:50:28

banana? any fruit actually.

callmeovercautious Wed 04-Jul-07 19:52:21

Ripe banana and dried apricots - stew for a few munites and then take the skins off and chop/puree. Prunes obviously but they can have a dramatic effect so was told only to resort when nothing else worked!

fingerwoman Wed 04-Jul-07 19:55:02

I thought banana was renowned for causing constipation? certainly the case for my ds, so would be cautious of that.
would keep on with the water though as it will help. you could also add a little fresh orange juice to it.
or prunes. puree and add to stewed apple- but you will only need a small amount

Rumpel Wed 04-Jul-07 19:59:49

I found banana made my DD worse. Orange juice and also second prunes. I added them to baby rice (chopped finely) did the job. Start with 1 build up if still difficult to pass a movement. Try massaging her tummy and lower back too.

schmizaj Wed 04-Jul-07 22:43:00

Thanks guys. Actually I had been giving her banana every morning so maybe not the best idea! Think I will wee bit of prunes mixed in with apple. She isn't a big eater so won't be a lot - especially not to start with!

Lio Wed 04-Jul-07 22:45:36

ripe pear?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now