Talk

Advanced search

Sorry, me again: BLW and allergies

(3 Posts)
oldnewmummy Wed 04-Jul-07 11:07:00

I posted on a forum here in Singapore about the prevalence of food allergies among Asian babies, and everyone recommended the old "eat the same thing for 3 days" routine.

(For those who haven't read my other post, my baby is adopted, mixed race but mainly Indian, and I have no idea about any genetic factors that would affect likelihood of developing food allergies).

For those of you who have kids with allergies, or where there is some genetic predisposition towards food allergies, how have you done BLW?

littlelapin Wed 04-Jul-07 11:08:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Aitch Wed 04-Jul-07 12:11:16

have you asked on the multicultural families board as well, oldnewmummy? i wonder if there are any Asian parents who can give you any insight?
i know that you weren't fussed for the 3 days of the same thing routine, but i think if i were you i'd stick to it at least in the very beginning. the baby won't know that they could be having something different, they're used to milk alone at the moment.
there is a school of thought with blw, though, that by giving the food in separate unblended and recognisable forms you od at least give the child the opportunity to avoid it when they see it again. dd, for example, has always refused raw tomatoes and now it turns out she is a bit intolerant to them (she's getting a wee rash when they touch her skin).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now