Talk

Advanced search

can you blw a baby with no teeth

(7 Posts)
daisybo Sat 30-Jun-07 18:36:51

i have a 5 and a half month old who i'm hoping to blw. however she has no teeth yet? does this matter? or am i being very naive?!

meandmyflyingmachine Sat 30-Jun-07 18:38:40

Yes. Mine had no teeth until a year, and although I didn't follow BLW as a programme as it were, neither of them would eat anything off a spoon so in practice it was pretty much the same.

Aitch Sat 30-Jun-07 18:44:18

it doesn't matter a bit. the teeth are there, remember, they're just sunk in the gum. once the blog is back up tomorrow there's a post you should look for, something like How Many Teeth Did Your Baby Have in the FAQ section and see what lots of people had to say on the subject. plus, my dd had no teeth at 6 months as i recall but they started coming through a few weeks later.

fibernie Sat 30-Jun-07 18:57:17

yes, mine had no teeth until 16months, she still only has two! This afternoon she ate some very chewy calamari!

lulumama Sat 30-Jun-07 19:06:01

have you ever felt how hard a baby;s gums are?? she'll be able to gum most foods into submission!

Indith Sat 30-Jun-07 19:20:02

I'm going to start mine next week and he is toothless!

Also sat and watched a friend's toothless dd demolish he lunch today. She is 8 months.

bitzermaloney Sat 30-Jun-07 21:50:29

Ds has been blw'd from 6 months. Still toothless at 11 months. Who needs teeth?!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: