Talk

Advanced search

Long sleeved bibs for smaller babies

(9 Posts)
pebble03 Tue 23-Oct-18 13:43:41

Hi, we're just starting to wean our son and would like to get a long sleeved bib in an attempt to contain the mess. All the bibs I've found seem huge and suitable from 6 months to 3 years of age, which seems like a massive difference of size!

Can anyone recommend some smaller sized bibs that don't cost a fortune? I think I got some from Asda when we weaned my daughter, which were on the smaller side, but they don't seem to be doing them anymore...

thanks!

Cyclingpast Tue 23-Oct-18 13:47:33

Sainsbury's have some, in the clothing section.

lorisparkle Tue 23-Oct-18 14:01:36

We used to ‘multi bib’. So a small baby bib round the neck to keep the collars of clothes clean then a long sleeve over the top with sleeves rolled up if too long, then a pelican bib to catch large bits of food over the top. We also did a muslin cloth over the knees and tucked round the side to prevent stains on the sides of the leg. Of course the alternative is naked weaning! We did BLW so the mess was incredible. We also had the shower curtain under the high chair!!!!

lorisparkle Tue 23-Oct-18 14:05:34

I have to say though the long sleeved bibs we used were a real investment and lasted through three messy ds.

SlB09 Tue 23-Oct-18 14:08:35

M&S have good towelling ones that are quite petite fitting.

MulderitsmeX Wed 24-Oct-18 21:26:24

Bibado bibs are amazing and Dd is very small so works well (there's these popper things on the sleeve to shorten them) it covers the high chair too so prevents food falling onto the legs. I think they are around 18 gbp plus p&p but I have a code for 10 per cent off if you need.

I bought loads of bibs and these are best, for a cheap option sainsburys toweling ones are ok too.

April45 Thu 01-Nov-18 20:59:22

Ikea, it's full sleeve, light with a crumb catcher bit. Fit my DS at 6 months and a bit small by 18 months.

ZackPizzazz Thu 01-Nov-18 21:01:01

We have sleeved Bibetta Ultrabibs, which are on baby #2 and fitted my smallish 6mo fine.

NiinasMummy Thu 12-Sep-19 07:54:32

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »