Talk

Advanced search

When does it get easier?

(4 Posts)
Iusuallylovecake Wed 13-Jun-18 13:48:15

Help appreciated!
Been weaning since 6 months, not a smooth journey at all! He went thru a phase of refusing spoon feeding and we went to finger foods, some improvement and then gradually he'll accept spoon again with a lot of food to feed himself as well.

Now he's 1. He'll eat reasonably well at nursery but at home - nightmare!! Refuses, spits food out even if same meal as at nursery. Is this normal??? What can we do? He doesn't seem to manage a spoon himself and I'm worried how little he eats at home. Do I assume that he'll eat if hungry? It's really stressful and I hate meal times!!!

Lauren Wed 13-Jun-18 13:59:18

I had the same problem with my little boy around 6m but I found he wasn't eating enough with blw so tried purees again but with toys as a distraction. He's now 14m and won't eat dinner without nursery rhymes on but in my mind it's better than him not eating and being hungry at night so maybe get a high chair toy or some smallish noisy toys with buttons etc he can play with while you give him a spoon

welshmist Wed 13-Jun-18 14:03:00

A spoon each worked for us. He could make the mess, I got the food in. Plus finger foods at the start of the meal to get his juices flowing. If you have a labrador that is a plus, she will clean the floor for you lol.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 14-Jun-18 16:04:11

I was just going to suggest a spoon each smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: