Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Not interested in breast anymore!

(7 Posts)
Fee05 Fri 18-May-07 09:15:54

My 8 month old has started being difficult about breastfeeding. I give her two feeds - first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I can tell that the milk is drying up and don't mind going over to formula but she just won't take it from a beaker, despite drinking water really well from the same cup with her solid meals. I use the same formula for making up her porridge so don't know why she won't take it. Do I just need to persevere? has anyone else had this problem? I am just worried that she won't be getting enough milk.

luciemule Fri 18-May-07 13:08:16

Could you give it to her in a bottle but with a green Avent spout rather than a teat? Then eventually, you can swap the bottle for a cup.

Fee05 Fri 18-May-07 13:13:39

I am using a cup with a spout at the moment for her water which is why I'm giving her formula from the same cup. She wouldn't take a bottle at 3 months and so has never had one. It seems like she just doesn't like the taste of formula maybe?

luciemule Fri 18-May-07 13:26:04

maybe change the formula? My DD didn't like SMA but I changed to Hipp and it was sweeter tasting and didn't smell quite so much like cabbage water!and she drank it.

Izabella Sun 20-May-07 19:53:51

Sounds like my DD has cmpaired notes with yours . I agree with luciemule, try her out on different formulas. I have also heard good things about Hipp.

My DD also from a drinks from a beaker. She refused the bottle as well & will only take my milk in the form of dreamfeeds when she is half asleep. I have also worried about the amount of fluids & calcium that she is getting & I shared this with a friend who has two young children. She said as long as DD is having youghurt, fromage frais & cheese she should be fine as these will also add to the milk intake. Grated cheese is a fantastic substituate for milk.

Hope this helps.

Fee05 Tue 22-May-07 09:35:23

Thanks for the advice. Spoke to HV yesterday and she said the same - having solid dairy products will make up for the milk.

chocbiscuits Thu 16-Aug-07 21:42:53

Hello,
I'm still feeding my 2yr 2month old at night and in the morning. Don't think the milk dries up at all. Have a friend that fed until 2.5 yrs and met someone at a motorway service station that fed until 3.5years! I don't intend going on that long!!!!!
If there is demand then there should be supply. Although feeding just a tiny few feeds, boobs back to normal and stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now