Talk

Advanced search

My child won't accept anything textured!

(4 Posts)
TeaFairy86 Thu 26-Apr-18 09:45:37

Hi everyone, hope you're well. I really need some advice please. My son has just turned 9 months old and was weaned from 5 months. He took to fruit purees and yogurt fine but will not accept textures or savoury whatsoever. I have tried ready made shop bought and have a blender to make my own and he isn't interested.. Liam is very trusting and takes the first spoonful offered but when he knows what it is he bats my hand away or gets angry. I have even offered various finger food and he puts everything in his mouth but that. I am starting to worry.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 26-Apr-18 18:44:00

It sounds as though he prefers the sweet and smooth and he knows that if he holds out, he’ll get it. At 9 months I’d start giving him what you are eating and don’t worry if he doesn’t eat it for a while but don’t offer an alternative. So if you’re having say a sandwich, give him one with some raw veg on the side and let him get on with it whilst you eat yours.

Help My Child Won’t Eat! is a good book too smile

TeaFairy86 Fri 27-Apr-18 09:26:56

Thanks for the reply. I have made sure never to give him an alternative if he doesn't like something. He has some teeth cutting through now and I heard that some babies start getting better with textures/lumps once they have a few teeth.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 27-Apr-18 15:34:32

Teeth made no difference to mine sorry OP, I had one who only ate smooth but did eat savoury and he had tie and the other DC was the total opposite and a spoon refuser.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: