Advanced search

Best steamer / blender?

(8 Posts)
MiniBump2017 Thu 08-Mar-18 09:29:43

Any views on the best steamer / blender to get?

Looking for something which will save time and make great meals for DS?

user1493413286 Thu 08-Mar-18 09:34:10

I got a cheap hand blender which I’ve probably used about ten times in the last 5 months; I wouldn’t spend too much money on getting anything fancy as you can move on from blended food quite quickly and when I was making completely blended up things like carrot your baby will only eat a tiny bit so 2-3 carrots boiled and blended in one go will make 8 portions.

NannyR Thu 08-Mar-18 09:35:29

You don't really need to buy anything specially for weaning. If you need to make a smooth puree, a regular stick blender works fine but mashing food up with a fork is the easiest option, or giving chunks for the baby to feed himself

Kokeshi123 Thu 08-Mar-18 09:37:22

If you don't have a blender, I recommend investing in something that you can use for years on end for all sorts of things like soups and so on. The puree stage does not last long.

Ifailed Thu 08-Mar-18 09:38:34

Get a stainless steel steamer from anywhere, they are great for doing multiple veggies for adults as well!

A stick blender will also be useful, not just for baby food, but for soups etc.

Faalaa Mon 12-Mar-18 14:01:05

I just started weaning.

If I was confident I'd do what previous posters have suggested; save yourself the money.

I'm completely unconfident about everything so bought special equipment as in my head it makes things easier. We use a Nutribullet 600 - I do like making fruit smoothies and milkshakes so will use elsewhere, and a Tefal Compact steamer; again can also be used for preparing veg for roasts etc.

We already had a cheap stick blender but it was really hard work using it to make a sweet potato or whatever purée - the Nutribullet does make it easier.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 13-Mar-18 12:11:32

I had a cheap stick blender which I used for DC1. Don’t spend too much though as my next DC point blank refused purees or spoon feeding. She want what we were having and she was very, very vocal about it. Expensive steamers and blenders would have just gathered dust smile

TeddyIsaHe Wed 14-Mar-18 21:28:30

Do BLW then you don’t even need to purée! Baby still gets fab meals, without the fuss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now