Talk

Advanced search

What does your 8 month old eat?

(7 Posts)
Cclarke1979 Wed 03-Jan-18 10:15:41

Hi everyone,

I just wondered what other people's babies eat/ate at this age as my little boy doesn't seem to have much apart from his milk. He has 2 rusks mixed with his special formula for breakfast, I give him finger foods over lunch which he kind of sucks and messes about with then at dinner time I try him with a vege purée of some kind. He doesn't always eat it if any. Then he's breastfed whenever he wants it.
What are other babies having?

Thanks X

MrTrebus Wed 03-Jan-18 11:10:24

My DD is just 8 months. Our routine is wake up milk, 9am breakfast- little yeo valley yogurt with some pureed fruit, a fruity wafer thing after and water from sippy cup, 11am milk,1.30 lunch-half a squeeze ellas kitchen lumpy with a wotsit thingy (it's a carrot crisp thing like a healthy wotsit) and water. 4pm milk, 5.30 dinner (same as lunch) and milk before bed at 7.30pm. I'm trying to drop a bottle at the moment and TRYING so hard to move onto full solids and BLW but finding it hard! Lots of gagging and vomiting so not sure she's ready.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Thu 04-Jan-18 15:47:41

At that age DD usually had something like ready break with chopped banana for breakfast, a sandwich, eggy bread, veg burger for lunch and whatever we were eating for tea. If she was asleep when I had lunch she would just skip that meal.

IrregularCommentary Thu 04-Jan-18 15:56:18

At that age DD used to have something like eggy bread or porridge for breakfast, omelette and veg/a pasta dish/chilli/bolognese/cottage pie or similar for lunch and then a sandwich/cream cheese on toast/jacket potato/hummus, pitta and veg or similar for tea. Usually fruit/yoghurt after both lunch and tea as well.

I did blw from the off at 6 months so she's pretty much always eaten whatever I'm having really.

kshaw Thu 04-Jan-18 17:38:09

My 9 month old eats the same as yours OP but yet at nursery seems to eat loads!!! She's all about the milk at home

moita Fri 05-Jan-18 10:57:48

MrTrebus- its horrible but gagging is normal, she's learning how to eat. I'd carry on with finger foods. She'll get the hang of it.

MagicWillHappen Sun 14-Jan-18 01:04:55

Ds3 is just 8 months. Rough food/milk:

7.30 breastfeed
8.30 readybrek/weetabix/baby cereal with mashed banana, water
10.30 snack like half a piece of toast or two kiddilicious wafers, water
12.30 lunch - scrambled egg and toast, avocado, or some other veg puree. Yoghurt, grated apple
3pm - 8oz formula
5.30pm -dinner - spag bol, chicken casserole,cauli cheese, dinner with gravy. Mashed fruit like plum or melon with a tiny bit of natural yoghurt.
8pm - 8oz formula
10pm - breastfeed

In between all that he'll also breastfeed up to another 3/4 times but just for 5 minutes or less which I think is thirst or maybe just comfort - trying really hard to stop these though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: