Talk

Advanced search

How did your LO take to solids?

(4 Posts)
SleepForTheWeek Mon 11-Dec-17 11:19:57

DD1 was 24 weeks when we introduced solids into her diet. We did blw mainly with some foods like weetabix that I would spoon feed her. She took to it well, and is a great non fussy eater at 3yo

DD2 is 25 weeks and we've just started doing the same thing with her. She loves chewing everything we give her but if anything comes off into her mouth she just pushes it out with her tongue. She does the same a spoon - chews it but if something comes off of it she just pushed it out with her tongue. She is bf and I've tried her with both a bottle and dummy (from a young age) but she just chews the teats and pushes them around with her tongue too!!

Is this fairly normal? Does it usually take them a while to learn that it's food and to swallow it? Maybe I just got lucky with DD1? I know it's early days, but she had a posterior tongue tie which has been cut twice abut I'm still not convinced she has full function with with her tongue so worried it'll cause issues with eating solids?!

cakeymccakington Mon 11-Dec-17 11:21:42

I have 4 children. 3 of them had TT.

First 3 couldn't get enough of food but ds4 really just wasn't interested.
He's 3 now and still not a big eater. Can't get my head round it

gamerwidow Mon 11-Dec-17 11:41:04

My DD was mostly milk until about 14 months she would just mash food up and spit it out.
She’s 7 now and eats normally so I don’t think it’s an issue.

isthistoonosy Mon 11-Dec-17 11:53:59

Sounds like she still has tongue thrust and isn't ready for solids yet. I'd leave it a couple of weeks and then try again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now