Talk

Advanced search

Dropping a bottle?

(3 Posts)
crazypenguinlady Sun 03-Dec-17 14:20:51

DS is 9 months old, and currently has 3 decent meals a day, plus fruit and a yoghurt to follow (yoghurt only once per day) He has a good appetite and eats well. However, we are still pretty much on 4 bottles a day. Morning, mid morn, mid afternoon and bedtime.

We tried dropping his milk a while ago and it worked well for a while but it coincided with waking up more during the night (previously q great sleeper). He's gone through a lot of changes recently -- learning to crawl, stand and almost cruising, first tooth erupting, and seperation anxiety as I returned to work after maternity leave. He seemed to lose his appetite, so I upped his milk again. Things have settled somewhat but he's a very busy boy and loves his milk. I think it's a bit of comfort for him.

Should I try dropping his milk again? There's so much conflicting advice. My HV said a while ago to try dropping it and slowly introduce a snack so we did but then there was a lot going on for him. Plus most babies at his age, seemed to be only on 2 or 3 bottles.

Any advice?

icantdothis2017 Sun 03-Dec-17 18:05:33

At 9 months dd was still on mostly
Morning , mid morning , mid afternoon and bedtime bottles .
At about 11 months she went to morning , after lunch and bedtime .
Then she basically dropped all bottles when we switched to cows milk at 12 months

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 12-Dec-17 10:52:48

How much milk is he having and is he tall by any chance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now