Talk

Advanced search

All we do is eat! 10months

(11 Posts)
April45 Tue 14-Nov-17 05:05:01

I feel like we're on a rolling cycle of sleep and eating now that we're on 3 meals plus two snacks. There seems such a limited time to do anything else! Am I missing a truck somewhere?

Our typical day:
Up at 7.15, breast feed.
8- breakfast of weetabix fruit and toast
Play and get dressed
9.30 - 11 nap
11- snack of fruit and oaty cookie
Play or go out somewhere
12.30/1- lunch - puree or sandwich, fruit, and other bits and bobs of finger food
Play
2.15 - 3.45 Nap
3.45 - snack and breast feed
Play
5.15- tea
Play and bathtime etc
7.30 bed

It probably looks like there's plenty of time for play afte snacks or meals but he can be eating for 45 -60 mins at lunch

Any thoughts? Is this a stage? Or are there any changes we can make?

endofacentury Tue 14-Nov-17 05:15:46

Babies at 10 months do not need snacks, 3 meals a day is more than enough as they are getting milk as well. If you cut out the snacks you will have more time. Try meals at 8/12/4 and milk on top and you will have much more time for play or going out

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 14-Nov-17 20:28:41

Agree, if they are hungry between meals at this age, I’d just bf. You will free up some time. Snacks aren’t really needed until they are one 🙂

Prusik Tue 14-Nov-17 20:31:01

My Ds is ten months and my routine is very similar to yours. I tend to give him a breadstick in the afternoon that he munches while he's playing. Also I give a milk feed directly prior to his naps so that almost counts as his snack.

glow1984 Tue 14-Nov-17 20:33:54

Our nursery has the following (rough) routine, which we stick to at home with some differences

0815 breakfast
1130 lunch
1500 tea

In addition, at home, we do a snack when DS wakes up at half 6. So some water and some fruit usually

Then at 1830 he has dinner

He is a bit older than your little one, but this could work for you.

Also, once he drops a nap, you will find it much easier!

April45 Tue 14-Nov-17 21:02:22

oh brill, thanks. What age would you introduce snacks? Wait until 12 months. The message I get from health visitors is if he'll eat it then give it! And he eats loads for meals as well as these little snacks. Weight follows the 25th Centile (always has).

BerryBee Wed 15-Nov-17 07:58:12

Hi April, your day sounds a lot like mine!!! My DD is 10 months and I give her 3 meals and 2 snacks. I go back to work soon ish and wanted to see if I could get down to 2 breast feeds a day. Which I have!!

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules...I remember a thead on here saying to start snacks at 10 months!

I have noticed my baby is sort of starting to speed up eating but I agree, I do feel like we eat a lot! I'm sticking with it as my DD is doing well and I'm relieved she no longer needs milk in the daytime.

BerryBee Wed 15-Nov-17 08:04:17

Although our max meal time is 30 mins. I've never done purées but was doing different courses e.g sandwich and fruit. Now I just give her her food altogether. Fruit tends to be given as a snack rather than as part of a meal now. That's helped cut the timing.

April45 Thu 16-Nov-17 20:28:49

I'm glad you've said that berry my thinking was similar as he's eating well to reduce milk rather than take it all away at 12 months when I'm at work.

BerryBee Fri 17-Nov-17 09:21:57

Yes, exactly. My thoughts too. I think the HV are right on this one. My DD has reduced milk herself so I think it's fine. Weaning is a gradually thing - it's not like something magical happens at 12 months!

FartnissEverbeans Sun 17-Dec-17 05:28:32

I remember that stage with DS. It gets better really soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now