Talk

Advanced search

Dropping a bottle?

(4 Posts)
KittyB52 Sat 04-Nov-17 08:08:56

We have been weaning our 7.5 month old DD for a good few weeks and when I asked our HV about dropping a bottle, she recommended dropping the 7am bottle. I know we need to reduce the amount of formula that DD has (until recently, she was having five 7oz bottles) but I am concerned that the sudden drop in liquid might make her constipated.

Also, dropping the 7am bottle means she is going 12 hours without milk. Would it be better to drop her mid 11am bottle instead?

I am trying to encourage DD to drink water but she finds it all hilarious at the moment and takes in very little. She does seem to like eating melon, so will be giving her some of that at breakfast time as it is mostly water anyway.

LapinR0se Sat 04-Nov-17 09:09:03

I dropped them in this order:
11am once proteins were established at lunchtime (so about 8 months)
3pm was replaced by a yoghurt
7am replaced by a cup of milk at around 16 months
Bedtime bottle kept going for aaaaages

SleepingInYourFlowerbed Sat 04-Nov-17 09:15:30

We dropped the mid morning one first. He just stopped asking for it or seeming interested. Then we did the afternoon one. He's 10.5 months now and has one after breakfast and one at bed time. We'll drop the morning one next and replace with a drink of cows milk. Bed time bottle will stay for a while

KittyB52 Sat 04-Nov-17 09:37:42

Thanks, both. We thought the mid morning one was a better option to drop, so will do that from tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: