Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Confused

(5 Posts)
CrazyLoopyLou Wed 01-Nov-17 21:42:38

I started weaning dd at 18 weeks on the advice of my gp and health visitor because of severe reflux. Because she was so little I did it really slowly. First of all with purees as she was so young then when she was a little older I gave her finger foods of fruit and veg to feed herself. She took to it all really well and now loves her food (still picky with veg - we’re persevering) I haven’t given her any carbs, dairy or meat. However now she is 6 months I’m going to start introducing all of that. Would you start just one at a time or little bits of all of them. For example we’re having spag Bol for dinner tomorrow night so was planning to give her some with us before all the seasonings go in. Would you start off by just giving her the mince or blend some spaghetti in with it? This is my first child so have had no experience with this.

furryelephant Wed 01-Nov-17 21:49:46

I pretty much just handed my DD whatever I was eating! Within reason of course- but she’d pick up pretty much anything and lick/suck/chew on it. Obviously making sure it’s non choke-able sizes but apart from that, I just put it on her tray!

CrazyLoopyLou Thu 02-Nov-17 16:01:16

Ok I’ll just give her some and see what she thinks. I hope she likes it.. I have it loads

JustaBasicBitch Thu 02-Nov-17 16:11:24

I would maybe so pasta twists though- easier for little hands to pick up and seem to swallow better

KarateKitten Thu 02-Nov-17 16:15:10

Just give her the full meal. No need to be so delicate with a 6 month old unless she's already seeming allergic to a load of stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now