Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bottle or food first?

(5 Posts)
Newmum26 Tue 31-Oct-17 10:00:39

Baby is 6 Months we have been giving baby Porridge for two weeks on HV advice.
Going well he looooves his food and istaken to it really well we’ve started introducing fruit/veg purees and he’s eating everything we are giving him 😆
I’m unsure about how much of what I should be doing though 😬
So his normal bottles are 7oz 9am - 1pm - 5pm and 7.30pm and a wake up around 2am for a feed in the night.
When should I fit the solids in?
Thanks!

CaveMum Wed 01-Nov-17 14:12:15

I'm just starting to wean my second child (DS), with DD I was told not to offer food when she was too hungry, so maybe an hour or so after a milk feed.

It doesn't matter if you aren't offering food at "traditional" meal times, it's more important to offer variety in terms of taste and texture. The amount of food they eat doesn't matter at this stage either, they get all the nutrition they need from milk until they are 1, so don't stress if they refuse to eat or just throw it all on the floor!

CaveMum Wed 01-Nov-17 14:16:11

I'm just starting to wean my second child (DS), with DD I was told not to offer food when she was too hungry, so maybe an hour or so after a milk feed.

It doesn't matter if you aren't offering food at "traditional" meal times, it's more important to offer variety in terms of taste and texture. The amount of food they eat doesn't matter at this stage either, they get all the nutrition they need from milk until they are 1, so don't stress if they refuse to eat or just throw it all on the floor!

CaveMum Wed 01-Nov-17 14:41:45

You might find this useful: www.babyledweaning.com/some-tips-to-get-you-started/

MrsBriteSide Sat 04-Nov-17 17:13:57

I've been giving solids about an hour or so after a bottle of milk. You don't want to be offering solids when baby is really hungry at this young age.

Also, you don't need to give baby porridge or purees after 6 months. I've been giving my 6 month old DD proper porridge made with Quaker Oats and full fat milk. It means it's easy for me just to give her a bit of my breakfast smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now