Talk

Advanced search

Baby poo and weaning

(18 Posts)
QueenJane Fri 27-Oct-17 07:47:41

I’m in the delightful position of needing to ask about my baby’s nappies now he’s started solids. We’ve definitely found his niche, eating. He’s been trying solids for 3 weeks now, since 6 months old, and is continuing with breastfeeding.

The nappies are obviously different, but I’m noticing a fair amount of undigested food in them. Little bits of carrot (sorry TMI...) and this morning I noticed what was obviously yesterday’s mushrooms. His stools are now darker, almost brown, so he must be digesting some of it? He is well otherwise.

I’ve been following his lead and he has been really enthusiastic and trying lots of new things, mainly BLW with some spoon fed things too. Do I just crack on and let him eat what he wants? Or should I stick to purées and keep it more basic for now?

QueenJane Fri 27-Oct-17 10:49:35

bump

peaceloveandbiscuits Fri 27-Oct-17 11:09:38

It's totally normal. Blueberries are a shocker wink

QueenJane Fri 27-Oct-17 11:18:56

Haven’t tried blueberries yet, thanks for the warning! grin

MsPasspartout Fri 27-Oct-17 11:24:01

Perfectly normal.

Changerofname987654321 Fri 27-Oct-17 11:25:01

Definitely normal

dementedpixie Fri 27-Oct-17 11:27:43

Bananas give black stringy bits in poo so look out for that too

mintich Fri 27-Oct-17 11:35:29

Normal!!

silkpyjamasallday Fri 27-Oct-17 11:59:29

DP and I didn't realise how fascinating we would find the contents of a baby's nappy would be after weaning. He often calls me up to see if he is changing DD grin skins of fruit and veg often come out whole, as do pieces of sweet corn and peas, spinach or kale leaves the same. Totally normal OP don't worry about it. It's cheese that creates the worst smell in our experience, unfortunately it is one of DDs favourite foods envy<- not envy

CatsCatsCats11 Fri 27-Oct-17 12:01:52

Eurgh I'll never forget the day my DDs nappy was full of whole green beans

QueenJane Fri 27-Oct-17 14:13:22

Oh thank god. I was worried there was something wrong with his gut. He does like cheese too but has only had bits of it grated. It’s the apparent effort required to produce this new kind of poo that is amazing us at the moment! grin

mintich Fri 27-Oct-17 15:36:52

Wait until meat gets involved!

peaceloveandbiscuits Fri 27-Oct-17 21:18:05

Oh god I remember that. The fixed eye contact!

BamburyFuriou3 Fri 27-Oct-17 21:22:29

Banana made me panic she had worms
Tomato skin looks like blood
Part digested strawberries look like flesh
Blueberry poo just has to be seen to be believed
Sweet corn and carrot looks like they haven't been touched!

grin

QueenJane Sat 28-Oct-17 22:19:31

Well, we’ve had blueberries today (they were cheesy blueberries but that was his choice grin) and because of this thread we are waiting in anticipation for tomorrow’s nappy!

peaceloveandbiscuits Sun 29-Oct-17 09:34:15

We're all waiting with bated breath grinsad <-- blueberry nappy face

QueenJane Mon 30-Oct-17 16:37:50

Well....it was fairly obvious he’d had blueberries. His poo was very dark, and had a lovely blue tinge to it. DH changed him in the night, and I’d told him to be expect something exciting. He left the nappy bag in his room so I could have a look in the morning 😂

BamburyFuriou3 Mon 30-Oct-17 19:51:39

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now