Talk

Advanced search

Help :( Allergies and Weaning - 11 months

(4 Posts)
vallinnapod Thu 26-Oct-17 11:40:34

Hi all,

DC3 has a CMPA and an allergy to berries. After a run in with his sister’s discarded hummus wrap I am pretty sure he has a sesame allergy too. He had chickpeas earlier in the weaning process and was fine.

He’s on Aptimel Pepti 2.

He’s always had horrendous, mucousy nappies. His CMPA wasn’t diagnosed until weaning so he was probably reacting to it through my BM. He then got teeth really early so we put his nappies down to that. Most mornings he poos himself awake soaking down to the sheets. This can’t be normal?

Over the past 3 days he’s been vomiting after his milk. He also gags really easily and brings up everything.

I just don’t know what to do. He has a dietician referral but I’m not sure when it’ll come through. Yesterday he sat In his high chair screaming but opening his mouth for food. I think he’s starting to lose weight too. He’s not been weighed since 5 months as I am back at work on the weigh in days ☹️

Eeeeek2 Tue 07-Nov-17 13:29:33

I’d see if you can get him weighed at the doctors/health visitor appointment.

Ask doctor to chase the dietician appointment.

My ds has cmpa when we had a issues during weaning I went back to basics and went back to single fruit/veg purée and allowed the reaction to settle before working things back into the diet one by one. Dietician told me that soya allergy is often hand in hand with cmpa. Also check everything for milk, ds had a reaction recently and I found milk in a stock cube.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 07-Nov-17 18:19:01

Agree that it might be worth discussing soya with your GP as half the people with CMPA are also allergic to soya.

The first thing I would push for though is a completely milk free formula as the one he is on contains hydrolysed milk. Natramigen Puramino doesn’t contain any milk at all and if it were me, I’d be asking for that one or a similar completely milk free formula.

Could you film him when he is screaming, show the GP and insist on a referral? I’d also insist that the GP weighs them so that hospital can compare the weights when you go to the appointment.

I also agree with Eeeeek2 that it might be worth sticking to one or two safe foods for a few days.

Good luck and let us know how you get on 🙂

Schwanengesang Sat 09-Dec-17 06:33:11

Just re the nappies, Ds had CMPA (green bloody diarrhoea from 4 wks that cleared up at 7 months but horrible loose poo continued) and probiotics helped a huge amount - went in a couple of days from about 5 awful nappies a day to one well formed poo a day. He seemed way happier. This was on advice from hospital paediatrician whom he had seen for the CMPA.

We got the kids ones that are powder - breaking open a capsule of adult ones wont work because stomach acid will kill them; powder form is specially coated to survive stomach acid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now