Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

6mo who doesn't sit

(5 Posts)
abigailgabble Mon 16-Oct-17 20:36:21

i don’t think i’ve ever found any subject with so much conflicting information as weaning!

my question is simple, my baby is 6mo. he doesn’t sit yet BUT i think that has a lot to do with the fact that he loves being on is tummy, he crawls in his own funny little way, so he doesn’t spend much time practicing sitting up because he’s busy working his way around by rolling/wriggling. in my non expert opinion he’s quite physically sound. so we’ve been giving him purée for a couple of weeks and he seems to be interested and keen but he’s extremely intent on doing it himself, he grabs the spoon (and that’s why it’s up his nose, in his eye, on the back of his head?, don’t even mention the high chair, the floor and any passers by 🙈. so obviously i’m thinking i’ll give him some proper food to have a play with next. my only reservation is that he doesn’t sit unaided and sometimes that is apparently a pre requisite! is it too soon?

Ecadia Mon 16-Oct-17 20:55:34

Didn't want to read and run. All children develop at different stages. My first 3 we're early learners my 4th is the laziest child I've met. Didn't sit til around 6.5mths, didn't crawl until 11mths and even now at 14mnths isn't standing unaided let alone walking. If your worried there is no harm in contacting your hv.

ElizabethShaw Mon 16-Oct-17 21:00:09

He doesn't need to sit unaided, lots of 6 month olds don't - can he sit up in a highchair or on your lap, and hold his head up?

2littlemoos Mon 16-Oct-17 21:01:22

At home we used a bumboo and got lots of use out of it!

abigailgabble Mon 16-Oct-17 22:23:11

thank you all. @ElizabethShaw yes he can sit in high chair (he slumps a bit but he hasn’t yet worked out that taking his hand to his mouth is a much better idea than taking head to hand hmm) and we do have a bumbo although it’s a job to get him in and out as he’s got these major meaty thighs it’s easier using the high chair! some places online just say he needs to be sitting up, I’m not concerned that he’s not sitting up in itself, but i will be if that’s to stop him eating as he’s enjoying it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now