Talk

Advanced search

Shall I start?

(5 Posts)
GerrytheBerry Mon 16-Oct-17 18:19:24

My baby is 6 months old in two weeks and was born two weeks late so I guess she's 6 months old. She's breastfed and I am in no hurry to wean her but for the last 6 weeks or so she's been waking every two hours or so throughout the night, and as I've two other little ones as well I'm pretty exhausted!
Is it likely that now she needs a little more to sustain her through the night other than my milk? I haven't noticed a drop in supply or anything and she seems satisfied when she feeds, as it's been going on so long I'm reluctant to think it's a growth spurt.
It's been a little while since I did this so any tips where to start?

teaandbiscuitsforme Mon 16-Oct-17 21:09:12

You can start but it’s unlikely to make any difference to night wakings. All the calories they need are in milk at this stage and for a large part of their first year. When you start weaning, you’re either giving very low calorie food such as veg purée or they won’t be eating enough of it to make a real difference if she’s waking at night for milk.

Are you thinking purées or baby led?

GerrytheBerry Mon 16-Oct-17 21:37:07

I am thinking blw because out of my two boys the one I did blw with eats anything, the other is picky. Hmmm, I think you are probably right and I shall wait a little while longer especially as we are away at the end of the month and I don't want to be obsessing about having to pack food for her as well!

teaandbiscuitsforme Mon 16-Oct-17 21:46:52

Have you got the BLW cookbook? It’s got a good summary of everything if you wanted to refresh and I quite like most of the recipes in it.

I’d say go for it whenever you’re ready. If you want to start but it’s not convenient whilst you’re away, wait until you’re back or she doesn’t have to eat when you’re away. Having said that, I actually started my DD whilst we were on holiday - steak on the BBQ! grin But she didn’t eat set meals or times, we just gave her a bit of what we were having if it was convenient and then thought about it a bit more once we were home.

Good luck!

GerrytheBerry Mon 16-Oct-17 22:05:00

No I haven't got the cookbook I think I shall get it this took me so that I don't get stuck for ideas!
I think I will wait till we're back and then go for it!
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now