Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

1 year old chews his food and spits it out

(2 Posts)
user1485788422 Sat 07-Oct-17 11:53:45

So my 14 month old has never liked being fed ( as in me feeding him with a spoon ) So every since we started weaning him at around 4 months old he'll only open his mouth for food that he's holding himself. That went well until around 2 months ago and since then he's been chewing his food and spitting it out. We've tried him sat on the sofa eating snacks and we find chewed up food down the sides of the cushions, we've tried him sitting in the high chair and chews up food ends up on the floor. We're still breastfeeding and he has around 3 feeds a day now morning, afternoon and bedtime... I wonder if this milk is filling his belly up so he asks for food just to chew the taste out of it? Should I cut down on feeds? I'm scared to cut down because I feel like the breastmilk substitutes the food he's not eating. Any help and advice would be appreciated smile

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Fri 10-Nov-17 08:29:04

Are you offering him food before Bfing? If not, it might be time to swap feeds around a bit, no need to stop though if you’re both happy to continue smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now